Spiced Cocktail Nuts

Today's weather was crazily hot and humid! I can almost feel water evaporating from my parched lips as it baked under the sun! Argh, how I craved for an ice cold beer! But since it was mid day, I didn't think a beer would be appropriate that early, even though it's TGIF. Haha.. So I thought, "hey why not make something that goes well with beer?!".

So... I decided to try this Spiced Nuts recipe from Giada De Laurentiis that gets aired so much, I can recite the recipe.


My version was prepared with un-roasted, unsalted nuts and the following deviated spice mix to suit my palate:

Spice Mix

120 g     Sugar
  12 g     Curry Powder
    6 g     Ground Cumin
    7 g     Garlic Salt
    6 g     Salt
    3 g     Chili Powder
    3 g     Paprika
    1 g     Ground Cinnamon

I find my reduced sugar version already sweet enough, but if you are known for having a sweet tooth then I advice sticking to the original amount called for. This resulted in a slightly sweet, slightly sticky pile of nuts that washes down well with beer and will have you reaching out for more!










All blog posts and photos are properties of WhatToBakeToday (unless otherwise stated). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of these contents, whole or part thereof, without express or written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WhatToBakeToday with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Eating to Live. Living to Eat!