Oatmeal Cranberries Cookies

Cookies are one of the simplest bakes. Yet like all simple things, it is one of the hardest to perfect. When I was a little girl, "Famous Amos" cookies were like the pinnacle of all cookies, luring me seductively with its aroma whenever I walked past their shops. As if drawn by Sirens, I used to wander off in its direction and pester my Mummy to buy me some of those delicious Chocolate Chips cookies. Now that I am old(er), with all the health considerations and desperately trying regain my womanly figure, I have to forcefully steer myself away from the cookies' alluring fragrance.

I chanced upon a copycat Famous Amos Chocolate Chip recipe the other day and decided to try it with something healthier. Anything with oatmeal inside has got to be healthier right? *self denial* Even though I was frantically studying for my Final Theory Driving test, all that occupied my mind was the cookies.

The first thing I did, after coming home from the FT test, was to ransack my kitchen for ingredients, and found some cranberries... So tada - Oatmeal Cranberries Cookies!
Oatmeal Cranberries Cookies (makes 32 - 20g cookies)
  115g     Butter, unsalted, softened
    70g     Brown Sugar
    70g     Castor Sugar
      1       Egg
      2g     Vanilla Extract

Mixture A
  250g     All-Purpose Flour
      2g     Baking Soda
   2.5g     Ground Cinnamon
      1g     Ground Nutmeg
      1g     Ground Ginger

    40g     Oatmeal, instant
    40g     Dried Cranberries

Preheat oven to 170ºC
1. Sift together Mixture A and reserved.

2. Cream Butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract, mixing well after each addition.

3. Slowly add in Mixture A and mix till combined. Stir in the Oatmeal and Dried Cranberries till well mixed.

4. You may either:
  • Scoop teaspoonfuls of 20g dough and drop on prepared lined baking tray/sheet with about 1" spacing.
  • Roll out 20g of dough and flatten them slightly to make nice round shapes.
5. Bake 15-20mins. Leave on tray/sheet for a minute before cooling completely on a wired rack.
Just as any Famous Amos shop, the aroma of freshly baked cookies will fill the whole kitchen. In my honest opinion, the flavours are 80% similar to the real McCoy. On a personal level, the sweetness is just about right. If you would like them to be as sweet as Famous Amos's, increase 10g or even 20g for each of the Castor and Brown Sugar, i.e. 80g each. Try out the recipe, you will not be disappointed!










All blog posts and photos are properties of WhatToBakeToday (unless otherwise stated). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of these contents, whole or part thereof, without express or written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WhatToBakeToday with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Eating to Live. Living to Eat!