Breakfast Pita Pizza

This is perfect for those mornings when you want something substantial but doesn't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Not to mention it is as healthy as it is tasty too!
Breakfast Pita Pizza
   1     Pita bread
   1     Egg
1-2    White button mushrooms, sliced
Handful of cheddar cheese
Handful of baby spinach
BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 175°C

1. Spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce over the pita then top with cheese.
2. Place in oven for 5mins till the cheese has melted.

3. Place baby spinach around the edges of the pita, leaving enough space in the center for the egg.

4. Place sliced mushrooms on the baby spinach, then carefully crack the egg in the center.
5. Place in oven for 6-7mins till the egg white has set but the yolk remains runny.

If you like this recipe and would like to share it, please link to this blog post with its original contents. All recipes are created by me (unless otherwise stated) and require a lot of effort and time to craft. Crediting back is the biggest form of encouragement for me! Thank you! =)
Thoughts: I have been thinking about this since I made Breakfast Pita Pocket last weekend. I stuffed it with sundried tomatoes scrambled eggs, crispy bacon strips, fresh grape tomatoes and wild rocket leaves (arugula). It was delicious, satisfying and all, but I thought it was too much effort for a lazy Sunday morning. I want something quick and easy to prepare. 
So this weekend, with the leftover pita, I made "pizza". This has got to be one of the easiest and fastest breakfast item I've prepared. It takes less than 15mins before I have a fresh pizza in front of me. There are no rules as to what you should or shouldn't put on your breakfast pita pizza. My hubs loves BBQ sauce and these are what I have in my fridge. You can put any toppings you want! Perfect as the lazy weekend brunch if you ask me. 










All blog posts and photos are properties of WhatToBakeToday (unless otherwise stated). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of these contents, whole or part thereof, without express or written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WhatToBakeToday with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Eating to Live. Living to Eat!